Give your Child a SHINING Start with EARLY HEAD START!
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
CHILDREN WITH DISSABILITIES ARE ACCEPTED AND ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!
Shining Star Head Start Program Provides:
- Individualized services
- Health and Dental Screenings
- Family Support
- Parent Involvement
- Services to meet Special Needs
- Full Nutrition Program
- Community Resources
- Hot & Nutritional Meals
- Full Day Quality Early Education Program
- Prenatal Education
- Disability Assistance
- Transportation Available For Special Services
- Diapers & Wipes
Head Start Eligibility: Expectant mothers and children up to age 5 and meet federal poverty income guidelines though some exceptions are made.
EARLY HEAD START
Shining Star Early Head Start program provides free and quality child care for eligible infants and toddlers in South Chicago, Grand Crossing, Rosemoor and the East Side Communities. These child care programs are neighborhood-based, culturally diverse, and offer flexible, full-day, full-year programming.
Shining Star Early Head Start has four primary goals to achieve for early learners during the five-year program:
- Expand access to high quality services for low income infants, toddlers and their families.
- Create a network of community partnerships as a base to provide high quality comprehensive services (i.e., mental health, medical, nutrition, disabilities, education, family stability and support).
- Implement a quality program that is aligned to the Head Start Program Performance Standards
Engage parents in their role as primary caregivers for their children and move parents toward self-sufficiency.
Benefits to Children:
- Access to high-quality care in an engaging and loving environment
- Close monitoring of health and wellbeing as well as social, behavioral, physical, emotional and cognitive development
- Partnerships with local early intervention programs to serve infants and toddlers with developmental delays or disabilities
Benefits to Families:
- Collaboration between staff and families to support children’s ongoing development and learning
- Assistance with obtaining physical, mental, and oral health services for children
- Connections to housing, food, and income supports
- Opportunities to build community and develop leadership skills
Transportation Provided for Special Services
Slots are limited call today 773-734-STAR (7827) or visit a Shining Star Head Start Center Nearest You.